Everyone knows that “April Showers Bring May Flowers”, BUT that doesn’t help when you’re cooped up inside staring at clouds and rain all day! Did you know that the weather can have a direct affect on one’s mood? So, here are some practical tips to keep you healthy and happy despite those pesky grey clouds!
- DRINK MORE WATER- Not only does water help you lose weight, but it can also boost energy, prevent memory loss as you age, help to fight infection, and makes your skin smooth by slowing down the aging process.
- LAUGH OFTEN- According to EE Cummings, “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter”. Did you know that laughter can lower your blood pressure, reduce stress hormone levels, and improve cardiac health?
- ESSENTIAL OILS- Diffusing essential oils is known to improve health, increase energy, and help you sleep better. Try Lavender, Rose, or Chamomile to relax & relieve stress & anxiety!
- DO WHAT YOU LOVE MORE OFTEN- What brings you joy? Don’t have time to do what you love? Make time! Life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, so doing things to keep you sane & happy will only help you remain positive, energized, and a joy to be around!
- SLOW DOWN- Billy Joel says it well in his song, “Vienna”… “Slow down, you crazy child/ And take the phone off the hook and disappear for awhile/ It’s all right, you can afford to lose a day or two/ When will you realize, Vienna waits for you?” I know- the practice of slowing down feels almost archaic in today’s society.
- GET OUT MORE! Enjoy the sunshine and outdoors as often as you can. John Barroughs once said, “I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order.”