All those years of school have finally paid off. Congratulations, you’re officially a “Grown Up”! …Just wait until you turn 25yrs old and can rent a car on your own from Enterprise! Well, the big question now is what are you going to do next? Get a “real” job & rent your own apartment?!
Here are 5 things school didn’t teach you about being an Adult:
1. CREDIT IS EVERYTHING- Establish it, maintain it, cherish it! You’ll find it very difficult to make adult purchases (house, car, phones, etc.) without an established credit history!
2. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT- Friend, don’t learn this the hard way! After a certain age, gravity will take a toll and shift things to places you didn’t even know existed! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! If you can’t resist the sweets, embrace the stretchy pants!
3. THE DREAM CAREER- Don’t worry, half of us still don’t know what we want to be when we grow up. Hate to break it to you, but more than likely you’ll find work that’s not even related to your major!
4. REST (AKA NAPPING) IS NECESSARY- Don’t fight it. Just accept it for what it is. You’ll learn to steal an extra hour of sleep when you can find it! It’s exhausting being an adult!
5. YOU’LL COME TO APPRECIATE YOUR PARENTS- They didn’t always know what they were doing, but they learned to take on the responsibility of caring for little human beings.
Now, you’ll need to learn a lot more to master the art of being a grown up, but that will come with time! Cheers to the next chapters of your life!