Having friends or family stay with you can be a stressful experience. By keeping a well-stocked and luxurious guest room, you’ll relieve the pressure you feel to provide fabulous accommodations while making your guests feel welcome and comfortable.
A few of my favorite essentials:
- Hotel-quality bath products: Pick a neutral fragrance like citrus, and steer clear of anything heavily floral or musk. This is one of my favorite product lines.
- Plush towels and robes. Small luxuries like a plush robe go a long way at making someone feel comfortable. Plus, you never know if Uncle Frank likes to wander the halls at night! Keep the bathrobe handy just in case…
- 1000 count thread count sheets or higher. These are my favorite for guest rooms.
- An alarm clock that is easy to set.
- A small basket of fruit, packaged granola bars, cookies or chocolate, plus a few bottles of water. Having snacks nearby will avert late-night kitchen raids!
- A vase of freshly cut flowers to brighten the room.
- Your wifi network access code and password. In an age of electronics, this is an absolute must for any guest!
- Extra pillows and blankets. Keep them stashed in an oversized basket in the corner of the room to stay organized!
What are your must-have guest room essentials?